50Hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training PERTH 2016 with Jo Phee
Saturday, October 29, 2016 at 8:00 AM - Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 5:00 PM (AWST)
50 Contact Hours Yin Yoga Teacher Training with special guest Jo Phee
29 October - 3 November 2016 Perth, Australia
The Yin Yoga Teacher Training is a comprehensive training designed for teachers interested in learning the anatomic and energetic theories of the practice. This training includes the following components:
- Theory and Practice of Yin Yoga
- Yin Yoga Anatomy (Shoulder Anatomy)
- Posture Analysis Lab
- Qi Cultivation Practices
- Sequencing & Teaching
- Yin/Yang Flow
- Wall Yin & Assisted Yin Yoga
- Infant Series
- Yoga Nidra Relaxation Technique
This training is open to all levels of practitioners, particularly those wanting to teach Yin Yoga, acquire a better understanding of Chinese meridians, delve deeper into the study of Yoga Anatomy, or simply wanting to deepen their yin practice. No pre-requisite is required. A keen and sincere interest to learn is key.
A) Theory and Practice of Yin Yoga
- History of Yin Yoga
- Yin and Yang Theory
- Difference between Yin and Yang Yoga (what is Yin Yoga)
- Principles of the Yin Practice (how to practice Yin Yoga)
- Ten levels of functional descriptions (how to teach Yin Yoga)
- Energy curve (Sequencing in Yin Yoga and Yin/Yang Flow)
- Teaching considerations
- Basic Yin Poses
- Props usage in Yin Yoga
- Modifications and safety in Yin Yoga
B) Yin Yoga Anatomy
- 14 joint segment analysis
- Tension and Compression
- Function and Aesthetics
- Proportion and Orientation
- Symmetry vs Asymmetry
- Friction vs De-fixation
- Skeletal variation analysis
- 4 myofascial compartments of the thigh
- 6 myofascial compartments of the torso
- 3 layers of a joint
- Muscle contraction vs Fascial contracture
- Fascia studies and meridians relationship
- Theory of exercise
- Movement tests analysis
POSTURE ANALYSIS LAB
- Shoulder Anatomy
- Postural Assessment (proportion, compression vs tension, skeletal variation)
- Yin Yoga Asana Shoulder
C) Chinese Medicine & Meridian Nidra
- Fundamentals of Chinese Medicine
- Yin and Yang Philosophy
- The visceral (organs) system
- Modern Meridian Theory
- Theory of Chi
- Three levels of meridian flow
- Balancing chi in the meridians
- Fascia Theory
- Meridians and the Viscerals (organs)
- Meridians and the Emotions
- Meridian pathways
- Meridian clock
- Yin Yoga Meridian poses
About Jo Phee
Jo is one of the first certified Yin Yoga Teacher in the world and is also a senior trainer in Yin Yoga teacher training programs. She first studied Yin Yoga with Sarah Powers a decade ago and currently serves as her assistant in her trainings. She continues to receive on-going teaching mentorship with Sarah. Jo is also the direct assistant of the founder of Yin Yoga (Paul Grilley) and was personally mentored by Paul to teach his entire Yin Yoga training curriculum.
Brought up solely with Chinese Medicine by her Taoist parents, Jo has been familiar with Traditional Chinese Medicine ("TCM") practically her whole life. Much of her knowledge about TCM was mostly experiential exposure passed down from generations in her Chinese family. To complement her personal experience with TCM, Jo went on to study Chinese Medicine at the Singapore College of TCM, as well as the Academy of TCM. She has also completed a course on Chinese Meridians with American Acupuncturist, Dr Susan Stumpf.
Jo holds a 3-year teaching Diploma from the Bihar School of Yoga that popularized the tantric relaxation practice of Yoga Nidra which she often incorporates into her Yin classes. Her deep knowledge in the Chinese Meridian system inspired her to develop the full visualization practice of Meridian Nidra based on the Meridian Clock and Yoga Nidra.
She has a deep interest in anatomy and fascial studies. She has completed several cadaver dissections and continues to attend these dissection laboratories annually to further her anatomy studies. She has studied with renowned pioneers in fascia research - Gil Hedley, Thomas Myers and Robert Schleip. Jo has also attended fascia school at Ulm University, Germany. She is a founding member of the Fascia Research Society.
Jo is currently the Director of Teacher Training at True Yoga Singapore and spends most of her time traveling around the world delivering Yin Yoga Teacher Training programs. Her popular Yin trainings are very much sought after by yoga teachers wanting to add Yin Yoga into their teaching repertoire. She teaches in 200hrs and 500hrs training programs, and leads retreats and workshops in Yin Yoga. www.yinspiration.org
8am – 12pm Morning Practice, Yin Theory and Chinese Medicine
12pm – 1:15pm Lunch Break
1:15pm – 4:45pm Anatomy Theory, Posture Analysis and Afternoon Practice
Perth City location, next to rail and bus stations, car parking discount available at Perth Arena next door
Please contact us if you are interested in accomodation packages.
Students who complete 100% attendance will be awarded the 50 hours Yin Yoga Teacher Training certificate. These hours can be counted towards Continuing Education with Yoga Alliance. PLEASE NOTE these 30 hours are actual contact hours. Jo Phee DOES NOT believe in including homework hours in her Teacher Training just to mark up the price. She prefers that she teaches what students pay for and is happy with just earning for 50 hours but offer all the hours as actual contact hours.
Full Tuition with VIP Prop Pack $1595 (includes biodegradable fasciaist yoga lifestyle mat, bolster, block, 2 x strap)
Full Tuition Yin Yoga Teacher Training Only $1395 (BYO props)*
* Eventbrite charge a credit card processing fee. This can be avoided by direct bank deposit.
BANK TRANSFER / DEPOSIT DETAILS:
Bank Name: NAB
A/C Name: Fasciaist Pty Ltd
A/C No. 299522689
• We will provide a 100% refund for Teacher Training Program cancelled by the company. We will notify registrants at least 3 days prior to the Teacher Training Program start date.
• Full payment is required by 01/10/2016.
• No refund will be given for cancellations within 60 days of the program start date, however you can transfer your place to another person (we can assist if we have a waitlist). A 20 % processing fee will be charged on cancellations made prior to 60 days, however we can transfer ticket to another at no fee.
* Prop packs are special ordered as such there is no refund on props
* For overseas students, PLEASE WAIT UNTIL YOUR PLACE IS CONFIRMED prior to purchasing plane tickets. We will email you with registration form once your place in the training is confirmed. (This may take up to 8 weeks from registration).
ABOUT YOUR HOST Lee-Anne Heron ND, Naturopath and Yin Yogi
Lee is mum of 3, a naturopath with over 15 years clinical experience and her yoga practice dates back as far.
Lee has studied Yin Yoga with Paul Grilley, Joe Barnett, Jo Phee, Sarah Powers and teaches around 10 yin yoga classes per week as well as privates. Lee is featured in the upcoming Paul Grilley, Functional Anatomy of Yoga video filmed in LA in March 2015.
Lee has experience teaching small groups as well as in yoga studios, gyms, chiropractic clinics and corporate workplaces and regularly combines yin yoga workshops with naturopathic topics including sleep well, roll and release, hormone balance amongst others and offers yin yoga advanced practice workshops.
With qualifications including BSC Nat, Adv Dip Nat, Herb Med, Hom, Arom and certifications in many manual therapies including Acupressure, Shiatsu and Thai Yoga Massage as well as Yoga Tune Up, Science of Rolling - The Roll Model Method, as well as many Yin Yoga certifications.. Lee is looking forward to ensuring you get the most out of this training by assisting you during the 50hrs and the lead up to!
To find out more about our other workshops, retreats and teacher trainings please visit www.synergiahealth.com/events
Save This Event
When & Where
Synergia Health Pty Ltd, sponsored by Fasciaist Yoga Lifestyle
Synergia Health believes if you breathe, eat, think, move and live well you will feel well and be well.
We are so happy to bring such a quality Senior Yin Yoga Teacher Trainer to Perth, and are committed to seeing Yin Yoga grow in Perth though our own group classes, workshops and retreats as well as by assisting train others to share the yoga we love. If you are also interested in the natural health and nutrition aspects you may like to read more about our naturopath or natural fertility services at www.synergiahealth.com (where you will also find our class timetable)
We are fortunate to have Fasciaist Yoga Lifestyle sponsor this event to offer beautiful environmentally responsible props to you at less than wholesale costs. Expect to see more quality teacher trainings, workshops and retreats sponsored by Fasciaist Yoga Lifestyle in the coming months www.facebook.com/fasciaist