Actions and Detail Panel
5 Day Scanning Workshop Female Pelvis and First Trimester
Mon., 24/10/2016, 9:00 am – Fri., 28/10/2016, 4:30 pm
This 5 day intensive, hands-on ultrasound course is designed for sonographers and practitioners wanting to learn the techniques of scanning the female pelvis and 1st Trimester.
The course aims to take the attendee through the female pelvis and early pregnancy ultrasound from four to 14 weeks’ gestation, instilling effective scanning techniques, methodology and protocols. Applications and scanning techniques for trans abdominal and trans vaginal scanning using live models and phantoms.
The small group structure ensures a collaborative and supportive learning environment, utilizing a mix of didactic lectures, demonstrations and scanning tuition. High quality equipment is used in conjunction with scanning models and phantoms, ensuring consolidation of correct scanning techniques and documentation.
- Basic physics and instrumentation
- System presets, artifacts and calculation package/reports
- Female pelvic anatomy and pathology lectures
- Scanning female pelvis trans abdominal
- Transvaginal scanning lecture
- Transvaginal Scanning using phantoms and female models
- Normal and abnormal fetal anatomy for 1st Trimester
- 1st Trimester lectures covering (BhCG levels,Early pregnancy loss,Ectopic pregnancy, the twin pregnancy)
- M mode
- Scan Protocols , image documentation and reports for pelvis and the 1st Trimester
Upon completion of this course participants should look to have an improved understanding of of anatomy ,the basic scanning techniques and acquired a basic level of competence in performing an ultrasound examination or the female pelvis and early pregnancy.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO COMMONWEALTH BANK credit card customers: As a security measure, the Commonwealth Bank will not process any credit card debit request made by EventBrite for your seminar registration fee UNTIL the Commonwealth Bank has personally spoken to you to confirm and authorise your request. ASMI recommends you speak with the Commonwealth Bank prior to booking or use an alternate credit card. Please be aware your booking session may expire whilst you are speaking with the Commonwealth bank and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the Commonwealth Bank security policies.