5 day Musculoskeletal scanning workshop
This 5 day “hands on” course is designed for anyone at the beginning of their training in Musculoskeletal Ultrasound.
- Physical principles and artifacts associated with MSK Ultrasound
- Scanning techniques and probe manipulation
- Anatomy and pathology
- Lumps and bumps and foreign bodies
- Ankle (Ankle tendons, Achilles and plantar fascia)
- Optimization of colour Doppler
- Protocols and documentation
- This course will provide detailed anatomy of muscles, ligaments and tendons and the pathological process will be discussed.
- It will provide an introduction to musculoskeletal scanning techniques artifacts and physical principles of musculoskeletal ultrasound.
- The course will also provide an understanding of the techniques involved in scanning and documentation of superficial lumps and foreign bodies.
- To provide participants with the scanning protocols and documentation for musculoskeletal ultrasound
Upon completion of the course participant will have knowledge of the physics, anatomy, pathology, documentation, protocols and scanning skills to complete basic musculoskeletal ultrasound examinations.
Morning tea will be provided.
PREVIOUS SCANNING EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED FOR THIS SEMINAR.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO COMMONWEALTH BANK credit card customers: As a security measure, the Commonwealth Bank will not process any credit card debit request made by EventBrite for your seminar registration fee UNTIL the Commonwealth Bank has personally spoken to you to confirm and authorise your request. ASMI recommends you speak with the Commonwealth Bank prior to booking or use an alternate credit card. Please be aware your booking session may expire whilst you are speaking with the Commonwealth bank and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused by the Commonwealth Bank security policies.
614/1c Burdett St
AUSTRALIAN SCHOOL OF MEDICAL IMAGING
The ASMI campus is located on the 6th Floor of the Avanti Commercial suite
building at 1 C Burdett St , Hornsby. The Avanti buildings are very close to the Hornsby Railway station and almost adjacent to the intersection of Burdett and
George streets Hornsby.
Accessing the ASMI office
The main entrance when walking to the campus is from Burdett Street.
• At the main entry there
is a security pad on the
left hand side of the
• Enter 614 and press the
‘bell’ icon (this will ring
at the ASMI office
allowing the doors to be
opened and allow lift
• On weekends, press
615 and the bell icon
• Use the lift on the right
hand side and proceed to level 6.