What is a Learning Community* ON RAMP?
For those churches who have decided to join a Learning Community*, it is an experience that will prepare your church team to get the most from a 3dm Learning Community.
For those churches who have yet to decide to join a Learning Community, it will give your church team a first hand experience of the Learning Community process.
(Note: we are planning to launch a Learning Community in Brisbane in May 2017).
It has two parts:
1. Senior Leader's Round Table (1:00-4:00pm Friday)
This is a three hour gathering on the Friday afternoon for the senior leader from each church team. In an intimate setting with experienced practitioners we will cover four key topics that are critical for a senior leader in leading their church through the Learning Community process.
2. Church Team Workshop (7:00-9:30pm Friday, 9:30am-2:30pm Saturday)
During this one and a half day workshop (Friday Night and Saturday) church teams will:
- gain fresh insight about the current situation in their own church
- learn how sustainable mission flows from a culture of discipleship
- receive specialist coaching as they plan next steps for their church
The ON RAMP is designed for church teams.
The church registration fee of $150 includes:
- the Round Table for the senior leader AND
- the Workshop for the Senior leader and two team members.
Additional team members can attend the Workshop for $10 each.
Registrations include Supper on Friday night and Morning Tea and Lunch on Saturday.
The Senior Leader's Round Table and the Saturday of the Workshop will be held at Connect Baptist Church.
The Friday component of the Workshop will be held at the Sandgate Uniting Church: 116 Board street Deagon.
* A Learning Community is a 2 year process for churches that helps them develop a discipling culture, raise missional leaders and launch missional communities. The process includes 3 day intensives every 6 months and fortnightly coaching for the senior leader (in a group conference call, skype or google hangout).