Actions and Detail Panel
2018 Australia–Asia BRIDGE School Partnerships Program Expressions of Inter...
Wed., 01/03/2017, 11:00 am – Fri., 01/09/2017, 3:00 pm AEDT
This immersive and blended model of professional learning supports school communities across Australia to build an international school partnership with a sister school from one of the following countries:
- The Philippines
To express your interest in a 2018 program, please click on the green button above.
The Australia-Asia BRIDGE School Partnership Program includes reciprocal visits for teachers in both countries to visit their partner schools and learn first-hand about each others’ culture, community and school class.
Asian language ability is not a requirement to take part in this program, although it can offer added learning outcomes.
Through pre-departure training, online and face-to-face professional learning in Australia and abroad, educators will develop:
- a deep knowledge and understanding of the diverse cultures of their partner country
- intercultural understanding and an understanding of how to implement it in the Australian Curriculum;
- new approaches to using digital technologies in the classroom to enable global collaboration;
- establish an international school partnership that will provide unique student learning opportunities; and
- contribute to a community of learners across ASEAN member states.
In 2018, teachers from across Asia will be invited to travel to Canberra, Australia to take part in a professional learning program with their sister school representatives from across Australia to explore the new partner relationships and how to plan for sustainable school partnerships through intercultural understanding and the use of new technologies in teaching and learning.
Both the Australian and Asian country home-stay visits for all BRIDGE teachers are designed to develop and share professional best practice and provide opportunities such as:
- partnership planning
- classroom observation
- team teaching
- participation at staff meetings
- curriculum team meetings
- parental engagement
- school excursions
- incursions for teachers to form an understanding of their partner countries education context
* Depending on the program, Australian teachers will also be given the opportunity to visit their sister school.
Any cost is inclusive of all professional learning, 12 months of AEF partnership support and international travel and accommodation for the one-week in-country professional learning program.
Should you have any further enquiries, please contact a member of our team at email@example.com or (03) 8344 3590.