Actions and Detail Panel
2017 RMIT Career Advisers' Seminar
Fri. 24 March 2017, 8:45 am – 2:45 pm AEDT
Get the latest information on RMIT courses, updates and events. RMIT alumni, staff, students and industry professionals will come together to give you an insight into RMIT through a range of engaging presentations in the morning sessions.
You will need to select one of the following afternoon workshops to attend:
Advising International students
- Learn more about courses offered to international students, advice on the visa process, conditions and under-age student requirements. This is your opportunity to ask questions and give us your feedback.
Photography Studio Tour and Insights
- Tour RMIT's world-class photography studios and gain first-hand insights and tips from the program managers into the selection tasks and why RMIT's photography courses are internationally celebrated for producing creative thinkers and image makers.
Experience Design Centre
- The Experience Design Centre is a brand new destination for student and industry insight, innovation, co-design and testing in the newly opened New Academic Street. It is designed to bring together students, staff and industry to innovate together. This unique space combines immersive technologies, trained facilitators and service designers using business improvement and innovation methodologies to solve customer and business problems. Be one of the first to experience this space and hear and see what it has to offer future students.
- RMIT Activator is the brand new destination for start-ups! Designed to help participants grow successful start-up ventures at RMIT Activator we know that a great idea is just the beginning. Students gain access to specialist advice and training, coaching, resources, facilities, and the funding that is often needed to kick start a new venture. Visit the RMIT Activator and hear first-hand from the team about the exciting projects in the works.
- RMIT’s New Academic Street project has transformed the heart of the City campus by opening the campus up to the surrounding streetscapes and creating light-filled laneways, glass-roofed arcades and rooftop urban spaces. The aim of the project has been to improve the student experience at the City campus. Be one of the first people to take a guided tour through the recently opened spaces and experience the City campus as never before.
Chinese Medicine – Harmonising East and West
- Explore Chinese medicine and other therapeutic approaches to health and wellbeing. You will experiment with Chinese Medicine techniques such as cupping, acupuncture and herbal medicine. You’ll learn about the therapeutic value of Chinese herbs.
Lights! Camera! Action!
- RMIT’s state-of-the-art Media Precinct has been purpose built for media and communication students to obtain hands-on experience with cutting edge communication technologies in a genuine world-class broadcast facility environment. Come and see first-hand RMIT’s new TV studios equipped with latest broadcast equipment, lighting gear, virtual sets and so much more!
Digital, Games and Interactivity workshop
- Melbourne is Australia’s design studio hub and home to growing digital media, animation, games and interactivity industries. Find out about the various study options and varied job opportunities for students in a burgeoning sector.