Actions and Detail Panel
2017 National Officiating Accreditation Course VIC
Sun. 30 April 2017, 10:00 am – 4:30 pm AEST
Officials are an essential part of sport. One of the recognised keys to the future sport of kung fu / wushu is the development and training of officials
The National Officiating Accreditation Scheme (NOAS) is a program of the Australian Sports Commission and recognised by the Commonwealth and all State and Territory Governments.The NOAS training program include the following components:
- Officiating general principles – generic principles of officiating which covers a range of topics, including ethical responsibilities of officials, preparation for officiating, safety, communication, dealing with conflict and people management.
- Sport-specific – rules, skills, and techniques of officiating in the sport of kung fu / wushu.
The objective of the NOAS is to:
- Increase confidence and competence in officiating ability;
- Improve communication skills;
- Promote progressive improvement in officiating knowledge and expertise;
- Provide a credible education and training process to attract new officials and retain existing ones; and
- Endure a uniform approach to officiating throughout the country.
This program is for volunteers who want to make an important contribution to the sport by making sure everyone plays by the rules, that the competition is safe and that the spirit of the competition is observed and enjoyed by all. It is a rewarding and challenging role.
Who can register?
Members of any Kung Fu Wushu Australia’s State Associations (eg. Kung Fu Wushu Western Australia) can register.
Besides online registration, what else do I need to do?
New NOAS applicants or officials renewing their accreditation must complete the online Australian Sports Commission Officiating General Principles course before attending the one day workshop. https://learning.ausport.gov.au. There will be a one hour assessment during the workshop as part of the NOAS program.
For further information and enquires regarding the course, please contact