Actions and Detail Panel
2017 Digital Trends: The Fundamentals in Social Media Every Business Needs...
Thu. 20 April 2017, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm AEST
Moreton Technology Alliance (MTA) invites you to our first event for 2017.
PRESENTING the DIGITAL CHAMPIONS of the MORETON BAY REGION.
MTA are pleased to present an evening full of insights and opportunities with our mix of presenters.
- Kate vanderVoort will share with you ‘the latest developments and trends in social media’.
- James Novak, on 3D printing and the opportunities it provides your business
- RDA Moreton Bay’s Jason Button ‘what’s happening in the Technology Industry in Moreton Bay Region’
- MTA Chairman David Kleinschmidt Current updates on MTA, Membership Opportunities and group activity.
Our key presenter, Kate vanderVoort, is a leader in Digital Marketing, a sought after speaker and educator. Kate was recently named a Digital Community Champion by the QLD State Government. Kate runs two social media companies, Social Mediology (consulting, training and strategy development) and her latest venture, Take10 Social (an online collaborative learning platform teaching people how to be digital leaders in their business). Kate has worked with over 3000 businesses and not for profits on the culture required to embed these technologies in day to day business and the strategies needed to make it efficient and effective.
Tonight Kate will be sharing with you the latest developments in social media with a focus on the fundamentals that you need to know to make social media work in your business.
You will discover:
- how to find and connect with your ideal customer on social media
- how to grow a community of people who care about your product or service
- the biggest mistake businesses are making on social media
- the 3 developments on Facebook you must embed into your business
- digital marketing, and the focus in on key elements that matter to you business.
Our second speaker and Digital Champion for the Moreton Bay Region, is James Novak. James is a PhD researcher, university lecturer, successful Kickstarter, industrial designer and self-confessed 3D printing geek. Having won numerous national and international awards for his work, and travelled around the world to conferences and exhibitions, James is passionate about sharing his knowledge and inspiring the next generation about the future.
James will speak about how 3D printing represents a broader shift in the way businesses are able to take advantage of digital technologies and generate new opportunities. He will share why this technology is significant, with examples from industry of how it is being used at both the small and mass scales.
Moreton Technology Alliance (your host) was formed in 2016 to cooperatively develop the technology industry in the Moreton Bay Region. We are committed to providing opportunities for ICT businesses in the region to network, connect, collaborate and to build capacity in your business.
Your ticket price includes a free drink on arrival and nibblies.
The evening will include:
5:45pm arrival and registration
6:00pm – 6:20pm: Free drink on arrival and networking
6:20pm – 6:30pm: Update on MTA (David Kleinschmidt, Chairman MTA)
6:30pm – 6:40pm: The Technology Industry across Moreton Bay Region (Jason Button – RDA Moreton Bay)
6:40pm – 7:50pm: 2017 Digital Trends (Kate vanderVoort and James Novak)
7:50pm - 8pm: MTA Membership (David Kleinschmidt Chairman MTA)