Join all the fun of the annual Eastern Suburbs Sustainable Schools Network (ESSSN) Sustainable School Awards, where schools and early learning centres are rewarded for their outstanding sustainability achievements.
Food and native gardens... energy, waste and water audits... leadership programs... you find them all among our Eastern Suburbs schools and childcare centres. It's a way of engaging students in improving our natural and social environments.
In recognition of this, the ESSSN announces the 2016 ESSSN Sustainability Awards as an opportunity for local schools and childcare centre to be recognised for their work on their sustainability projects.
WHEN: 29 November 2016
TIME: 3:45pm - 5:15pm
WHERE: Look for the timber Classroom on the commons at Randwick Community Centre, 27 Munda Street Randwick
Showcase your inspirational 2016 projects by submitting an award entry form…
There are four gategories you can enter...
- high school
- primare school
- early childhood centre
- projects focused on student leadership and empowerment that improve the capacity of students to lead and make change within their school or childcare centre (green teams, SRC, leadership programs etc.)
- all projects will be in the running for the Judges' Choice Innovation Award.
Awards will be announced at our term 4 celebration event.
For more information:
Woollahra: Flavia Evans, 9391 7095, email@example.com
Waverley: Vicky Bachelard, 9369 8049, firstname.lastname@example.org
Randwick: Fiona Campbell, 9315 7244, email@example.com
RSVP by Thursday 24 November to help with catering.
Download pdf poster for the Term 4 meeting to put up in your staff room.
Snap shot of the 2015 winners:
Primary School Category
- Winner : Moriah College - Sculpture by the Seeds Project
- Highly commended : Randwick Public School – Live stock project
Early Learning Category
- Winner : Moriah Early Learning Centres - Caring for our World (Tikkun Olam)
- Highly commended : Garden Street Early Learning Centre - Rustic Treasures
Student Leadership Category
- Winner : South Coogee Public School - South Coogee Public School Eco Warriors Project
- Highly commended : Coogee Public School - Paper free Fridays
- South Coogee Public School - SCPS Sustainability Transformation Project
NSW Department of Education (DoE) teachers who attended our ESSSN meetings can now log in through their DoE portal and register for one hour of accredited professional learning.
As long as you register before the course, turn up and sign in, you will be accredited.
DoE teachers can apply through MyPL on Course Code: NR09055 under DoE course 'Sustainabiliy Networks'.
If you are bringing children, we suggest you bring some activities for them, childcare is not available.
The Eastern Suburbs Sustainable Schools Network (ESSSN) welcomes local parents and teachers wanting to network and share ideas about school sustainability. The Network is coordinated between Waverley, Woollahra and Randwick councils that plan meetings, organise guest speakers and workshop activities. The councils support early childhood centres through to high schools to implement real-life sustainability learning.