Actions and Detail Panel
2016 Mainstreet Australia Victorian Conference
Thu. 20 October 2016, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm AEDT
The Main Street Advantage – 20 October, 2016
It is a jungle out there, but no matter how global the economy and how connected we are, our main streets have a unique advantage – they are at the heart of local communities. The need for a connection has never been greater. Prospering in the main street jungle, however, depends on how you respond to the challenge and make the most of your opportunities. Connections, collaboration, creativity and genuine engagement with community are powerful advantages. How can you get ahead of the pack? Join us on October 20 to find out.
- Kieran Flannigan – Social Futurist - Find your advantage
- Mike Smith – Yarraville Theatre - Stories and Spaces: the Heart of the Community
- Jude Hannah - Urban Glue - Creation of Relevant and Honest Main Streets and Centres
- Cathy Treasure - Festival Director Parkes Elvis Festival - Parkes Elvis Festival – This is the Story
- Kate MacMahon - Hello City -When a Plan is Not Enough. Why You Need a Kickarse Strategy & How to Make One
- John Henshall - Essential Economics - Revitalisation Blues: the Rebirth of Downtown Clarksdale in the Mississippi Delta and the Role of Cultural Tourism
- Bec McHenry - Space Agency - Streets of the Future
- Andy Miller - Multi-cultural Arts Victoria -Multicultural Arts and Retail Strips – Dynamic Double Act
- City of Boroondara and Strategise Group - Measuring Special Rates and Charges Programs
- Alison Doherty Marketing and Events Manager, Mt Eliza Chamber of Commerce and Kim Rowe, Business and Marketing Manager, Mornington Chamber of Commerce-Markets – A winning concept or not?
- Julie Nardi Digital Marketing Officer – Central Geelong Marketing and Jodie Reyntjes – Executive Officer – Central Geelong Marketing - Driving digital success
- Brent McCalister - Executive Director, Sustainable Development, Lismore NSW - Award-winning Best Practice, Lismore
- Level Crossing Authority, Council and Traders - Panel discusion
- Jenny Pemberton-Webb and Grissel Walmaggia, City of Greater Dandenong -Being Strategic about a Place Based Approach"
Plus access to a great range of industry professionals in our "Engine Room"
See our website for full program including details on our Pre Conference Breakfast- WOW - Walk on Watton