Presented by Maurice Blackburn and Fairfax Media
Up to 3 Substantive law CPD points
The next frontier - whistleblowers and institutional investors
This year's symposium will feature two panel discussions. The first will explore why proper whistleblower protections are vital in ensuring poor corporate conduct is unveiled. The second panel will look at the next frontier for institutional investors in their evolution from bystander to active participant in class actions and corporate accountability.
Keynote speaker: Jordan A Thomas
Partner and Chair of Whistleblower Representation Practice (America's first whistleblower legal practice) and Former SEC Assistant Director
Event MC: Mathew Dunckley
Editor BusinessDay, Fairfax Media
Where to for wary whistleblowers?
Moderator: Adele Ferguson (Senior Business Writer and Columnist, Fairfax Media)
- Jenny Campbell (Partner, Allens)
- Jordan Thomas (Partner, Labaton Sucharow)
- Josh Bornstein (Principal, Maurice Blackburn)
- Sarah Court (Commissioner, ACCC)
Major shifts in institutional investor activism
Moderator: Mathew Dunckley (Editor BusinessDay, Fairfax Media)
- Ben Slade (Principal, Maurice Blackburn)
- Bjorn de Smedt (Associate Director Sales Aus-NZ, Institutional Shareholder Services)
- Michael Guilday (General Manager Investments Legal, Cbus)
- Tania Noonan (Senior Legal Counsel, AMP)
Event duration: 9am-2pm
Registration from 8.30am, lunch served from 1pm.
Ticket information: Tickets are transferrable and also refundable.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.