120331-BAILP-Session 5F-Introduction to World Religions; Western and Eastern Ideologies and their impact
Saturday, March 31, 2012 from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM (EST)
Melbourne Vic 3000
Need to know more about Christianity and Judaism? Who is Confucius? Is Socialism on the rise? How do Muslims view Capitalism? Join us in ...
Introduction to World Religions, Western and Eastern Ideologies and their Impact.
The Believe Achieve Inspire Leadership Program is a unique initiative of the FAMSY in collaboration with VICTORIA University, providing a comprehensive leadership development course for future Muslim community leaders who seek to do great things in the community.
This is the fifth session in the program and it will be held on Saturday 31 March 2012.
It will provide a great opportunity to increase your knowledge in the following areas:
- An introduction to the basic tenets and beliefs of the major religions of the world with the purpose of understanding the followers’ values and how these beliefs influence their behaviour.
- An introduction to a range of ideologies of western origin and their impact on current thinking: Socialism and Communism; Capitalism, Zionism, Conservatism, Liberalism, etc.
- An introduction to the most influential ideologies of Eastern origin and their impact on current thinking. e.g. Confucianism.
Please note that it is a condition of entry that you will be there before 9am as the doors will be locked after this time and entry after this time will cost an additional $10 fine for disturbing the class.
Presenting this wonderful session will be Bro Siddiq Buckley whose profile is as shown below.
Siddiq Buckley's Summary
- President of Australian Islamic Mission, NSW
- Science Teacher at NSW Department of Education and Training
- Invited Narrators for the Stories in The Park Sydney
- Master of Teaching, Uni. of Western Sydney
- Graduate Certificate in Teaching Studies of Asia, Uni. of Western Sydney
- Master of Education (Administration & Management), Uni. of Sydney
- Graduate Diploma in Education, Sydney College of Advanced Education
- Bachelor of Arts (Communication), NSW Institute of Technology
- Public Speaking
- Interfaith Dialogue
For more information or inquiries please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The BAILP Team