1 Day Urban Retreat - ADELAIDE: 24 hour or 8 hour options
Format: 1 Day Retreat
Designed for: Those who want to experience traditational mindfulness training.
Pre-Requisite: Readiness to be in silence.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD): 7-11 Hours
Daytime Urban Retreat 8 hours (9-5pm)
$225 standard fee (incl. GST)
$195 early bird price
$175 super early bird price
Or Full Urban Retreat 24 hours (9-9pm)
$325 standard fee (incl. GST)
$295 early bird price
$275 super early bird price
The urban retreat gives you the chance to savour a full day of the deeply replenishing experience of a silent, teacher led retreat, while sleeping in your own bed.
Starting at 9am, we move between sitting, lying, standing and moving meditations through out the day. There will be additional reflective exercises at the beginning and end of the day for you to focus on what matters to you most at this time, and refreshments and food are provided.
For many this is an opportunity to reconnect with the practices, to sit in silence and reconnect with your own inner journey.
For some who are fairly new to mindfulness and meditation, this is a unique opportunity to experience being taught mindfulness practices in traditional silent retreat conditions without sleeping away from home.
You have two options:
1. Full 24 hours silent teacher led retreat (11 hours CPD)
- Attend the Centre from 9am -9pm
- Eat lunch, dinner and refreshments provided
- Let family friends know you will remain in silence when you go home and until 9am the next morning
- Check in the next morning online, sharing reflections and asking questions
2. Daytime silent teacher led retreat (7 hours CPD)
- Attend 9am-5pm
- Eat lunch and refreshments provided
- Write reflections and ask questions before finishing at 5pm
During the retreat, you will:
- Feel the deep restfulness of a day in silence
- Re-engage with these ancient practices
- Have the opportunity to gain insights only available in meditation
- Soften to and gain clarity on inner struggles
- Feel a greater sense of loving kindness to yourself and others
- Develop your ability to teach mindfulness.
Presented by Liana Taylor, MPsych, Clinical Psychologist
Liana started teaching counselling 25 years ago, and has been in private practice since 1991. She Founded Adage Psychology in 2000, the Mindfulness Centre in 2006, and the Australian Institute of Applied Mindfulness in 2015, and has taught basic through to advanced therapeutic skills and mindfulness skills to thousands of health professionals across Australia. In this course, Liana brings you a wealth of experience and expertise, not only from clinical psychology, traditional mindfulness, MBSR, MBCT, and ACT, but also as a qualified Couple Therapist, Narrative Family Therapist, Wilderness Adventure Therapist, Master NLP Practitioner and Executive Coach. You will gain and have access to some of the best questions ever created from each of these arenas. This is a rare opportunity to learn from a very experienced and skilled practitioner. Of counselling training Liana says…
“You just start somewhere, if you get the foundation right, then everything you learn after that just expands the rich tapestry of skills and expertise, deepening year by year”
How does it work?
Urban Retreat Daytime 9-5pm
Full 24 Hour Urban retreat 9-9pm
Course Numbers: are strictly limited to support rich interactive learning
Homework: You will be encouraged to practice and integrate what you learn between classes.