Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
- How to design an app that your users will love
- The ins and outs of Objective-C, the programming language used in iOS
- How to use Xcode 4 to its full potential
- How to work magic in the App Store for your product's success
- How to take advantage of the incredible new developer features introduced in iOS 5 and iOS 6
- How to let your user use their data anywhere with iCloud
- Programming with Objective-C 2.0, including recent advances new to iOS 5 and iOS 6
- Common design patterns in Cocoa Touch, the framework you'll use to write apps
- Exploring Xcode, the iOS IDE
- Using the iOS Simulator
- Developing a data-driven iOS app
- Techniques for designing a great user experience
- Visual design in iOS for programmers
- Advanced uses of the iOS SDK
- Multi-tasking and multi-threading with Grand Central Dispatch and blocks
- Building Newsstand apps
- Integrating Twitter into your apps
- Using Game Center to write real-time and turn-based games
- Using Core Animation to build fluid, dynamic interfaces
- Playing media with AV Foundation
- Using iCloud to save and push data to devices
- Secret Lab's training staff are all veteran iOS developers who've been working with iOS since before the App Store opened. Secret Lab works with amazing clients, ranging from the ABC in Australia to Meebo and other start-ups in San Francisco.
- Recent apps by Secret Lab include: ABC Play School Art Maker for iPad, ABC Foodi for iPad, ABC Good Game for iPad and Meebo for iPhone (acquired by Google, discontinued)
- Secret Lab's training staff are authors of best-selling technical works, such as iPhone and iPad Game Development For Dummies.
- Our upcoming book, Learning Cocoa with Objective-C 3rd Edition, will be out by January 2013!
- Our staff have decades of combined experience with iOS and Mac OS technology.
- The course runs for three days, 22nd, 23rd and 24th of February 2013, in the Sydney CBD.
- Bring a laptop running at least Mac OS X 10.7.2+, with Xcode 4.3+ installed. Everything else you need will be provided. We will provide access to installers on the day if you forget!
- You'll definitely need a Mac laptop though, capable of running Mac OS X 10.7.x+ and Xcode 4.3+
- An iOS Developer Program account is not required (but if you have one, great!)
- We assume that you know how to program (details like language don't matter), but we don't assume anything else. Ideally your programming experience is recent. Contact us if you have questions.
* We offer refunds up until Monday, 11 February 2013, after this we will offer you a full free credit to any future Secret Lab training (any later and we can't guarantee venue availability, sorry!) At any time, you may transfer your ticket to anyone of your nomination simply by contacting us. You will be provided with a certificate of completion at the end of the training. If we change the dates before the event, we'll offer you a refund if you can't make the new dates. We are not liable for any travel, or other, expenses that you may incur for the event.
** The iOS Field Manual comprises electronic copies of all exercises completed during the course (usually PDF, although we're also exploring epub).
*** If you need an invoice from us for the training or would prefer to pay via bank transfer or cheque, please register via Eventbrite and select the "Send an Invoice" payment option. We'll get in touch with you to sort everything out!
*** If you're looking for corporate training, or would prefer a smaller group or private training, please get in touch!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us online at http://www.secretlab.com.au