THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT. PLEASE CONTACT US TO GO ON THE WAITING LIST firstname.lastname@example.org or T: (03) 9415 8881
Youth Alcohol and Other Drugs Practice Summit 2014
Who: Youth practitioners working with young people who are highly vulnerable or at risk, particularly those using substances.
Why: Youth AOD treatment and early intervention is an emerging and specialised field. It is increasingly important that effective approaches are identified and documented. The Summit enables practitioners an opportunity to contribute their knowledge while developing their understanding and skills in areas that are critical to effective youth AOD service delivery.
- to enable practitioners to develop knowledge and skills in critical practice areas
- to identify best practice in the youth AOD sector
- to provide an opportunity for young people to inform practitioners and policy makers
- to creat networking and practice development opportunities
What: The Summit will use social media engagement to identify key priorities for youth AOD services in Victoria in the current AOD reform, including better early intervention, and will include:
- practice workshops with leading experts on topics such as trauma informed practice, motivational interviewing, ACT, youth participation and addressing psychological complexity
- young people contributing their expertise on what is 'effective AOD treatment'
- current and predicted substance use patterns and trends
- how social media and new technology can be incorporated into practice
Where: Melbourne Park Function Centre
When: 28 March 2014
Fee: Standard $170; Early Bird $145 (LAST CHANCE extended to 14 Feb 2014)
Times: 8.15am registrations for 9am start. Finish 4.30pm