San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Building on the huge success of the first Wales Exercise Medicine Symposium in Cardiff in 2013 - the conference this year will be held in Swansea on the 19th September 2014.
The symposium will display the exciting & controversial work going on in the UK & Europe in the Exercise Medicine field, and we are particularly fortunate to welcome Dr Ruth Hussey the CMO for NHS Wales,Prof Flemming Dela and Dr Mats Borjesson from Denmark and Sweden, resepectively. The day will both educate and insipre clinicians, scientists, researchers, and students about the latest developments in Exercise Medicine. The hope is that it will drive colloboration within the field to facilitate research, improve clinical practice and effect policy in this area.
The programme will include:
- Keynote Lecture from the Chief Medical Officer for NHS Wales
- Keynote Lecture from Prof. Flemming Dela - "Physical Training in the Prevention and Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes"
- Keynote Lecture from Dr Mats Borjesson - "How we can Implement Physical Activity into Health Care Systems"
- Workshops on "Advances in Physical Activity Measurement (IT in Exercise Medicine)", "Exercise Prescription" and "Motivational Interviewing".
- The Launch of the Welsh Physical Activity Report Card
- Lessons in Physical Activity from Scotland
- Updates on Current Research & the Latest Developments in the Exercise Medicine field
- How we can get our kids active!
- The Ethics of Making us Move
- The role of Physical Activity in Cardiac Rehabilitation and Cancer.
Speakers Include: Dr Ruth Hussey, Prof Flemming Dela, Dr Mats Borjesson, Prof. Rob Shave, Prof. Michael McNamee, Dr Jo Hudson and Prof. Gareth Stratton.
Our symposium has a number of supporting associations & networks.
Follow us on Twitter - @WalesExMed and #WalesExMed2014
And Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/events/683022545067387/
Accomodation options (all within 10 minutes drive from the venue):
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please direct any questions to - email@example.com
What is the refund policy?
The event is heavily subsidised so unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds.