The University of Sydney 2014 Flu Vaccination Program
Online Booking Form
The University of Sydney is offering all employees the opportunity to receive a free Influenza (flu) vaccination. Vaccinations are administered by highly experienced immunisation team at Australian Vaccine Services. This is a great opportunity for you to avoid the flu this year and stay healthy.
How can I make a booking?
If you wish to register to receive a free flu vaccination, please select your desired time slot and then select register. On the next page you will be asked to complete your details including your name, and email address for confirmation.
Where are the vaccinations taking place?
Vaccinations will be administered at Conference Room, Darlington Centre – Building H02, 174 City Road, Darlington between 9.00am – 16.30pm.
Why get vaccinated against influenza (flu)?
Influenza (flu) is a contagious respiratory disease that can lead to serious complications, hospitalization, or even death. Anyone can get the flu, and vaccination is the single best way to protect against influenza. Even healthy children and adults can get very sick from the flu and spread it to family and friends.
There are two reasons for getting a yearly flu vaccine.
- The first reason is that because flu viruses are constantly changing, flu vaccines may be updated from one season to the next to protect against the most recent and most commonly circulating viruses.
- The second reason that annual vaccination is recommended is that a person’s immune protection from vaccination declines over time and annual vaccination is needed for optimal protection.
Who shouldn’t get the flu shot?
If you are allergic to eggs or have had a severe reaction to a previous flu vaccine, then you should not receive a flu vaccination during this program. You may still be able to receive a flu vaccination, but you should consult your doctor as special precautions maybe required.
If you are pregnant you are still able to receive an influenza vaccination, however you may wish to consult your doctor before booking a time slot.
Please Note: AVS only use the CSL Australian made vaccine called Fluvax
What do I need to bring on the day?
Flu vaccination consent forms will need to be completed and handed to the nurse on the day of the vaccination. The nurse will be unable to administer a vaccination without a signed consent form being provided.
Consent forms and other information about the flu vaccination is available from here
Who do I contact if I have questions?
If you would like further information on Influenza, please visit our resources page to download information booklets on the influenza vaccine using this link: Australian Vaccine Services Flu Vaccination Resources
Alternatively, if you have any questions please contact your University Coordinator Davorka Billic (Safety Health & Wellbeing) at email@example.com or email Australian Vaccine Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
To cancel your booking
Please go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/gettickets and follow the steps below:
- Enter the email address you used for the booking
- If you've not got an eventbrite account, an email will be sent to you to activate one (only required to do this step once)
- Once activated, you will be taken to Eventbrite.com where you can now change/cancel your tickets. Click on View Order
- Click Cancel Order. An email confirmation will be sent to you and AVS
To change your booking
If you wish to change the time that you've booked your vaccination, please book a new flu vaccination with your preferred time and follow the instructions above to cancel the other vaccination you had scheduled. Alternatively call AVS on 02 8096 3268 and a member of the team will be happy to help.