Saturday, December 1, 2012 from 1:00 PM to 6:40 PM (ACDT)
TEDxAdelaide Team brings to you the first TEDxAdelaideWomen event hosted at UniSA's City West Campus.
Adelaide’s own TEDxAdelaideWomen aims to highlight great achievements of women in SA. We are inviting a mix of men and women to encourage discussion and sharing.
Our inspiring speakers will take you on a journey to the Space Between.
The program for the day:
Session One: Poverty and Plenty hosted by Pat Mitchell
The space between having a little and having a lot
- Gayle Tzemach Lemmon, Journalist, Author
- Malehlohonolo Moleko, Entrepreneur
- Musimbi Kanyoro, Advocate, Scholar
- Jacki Zehner, Investor, Philanthropist
- Emily Peal, Microfinance Leader
- Maya Azucena, Singer-Songwriter
Session Two: Yesterdays and Tomorrows hosted by Kate Pardey and Liam Darmody
The sorrows of yesterday are forgotten in the hope of a better tomorrow.
- Jenni Caruso, will shed some light on the Stolen Generations
- Carla Daunton, Three Minute Thesis Presentation on chronic wounds
- Monika Gajic, Lawyer
Session Three: Rising hosted by Kate Pardey and Liam Darmody
Success is defined as happiness and fulfilling your potential.
- Niki Vincent, CEO of the Leaders Institute SA
- Vanessa Picker, Young South Australian of the Year, Entrepreneur
- Cherie Hausler, Founder of Scullery Made Tea
Most of our lives take place in the space between.
- Grace Bellavue, Adelaide Escort
- Georgia Heath, will tell us Why Barbie is a Feminist?
- Rosie Jones, will share her personal story of becoming a woman
During breaks you'll be amazed and entertained by magicians, market holders, marvel at the delicious street food and explore your own perspective of the grey area.
Need a little bit more convincing? Have a listen to an interview on Radio Adelaide Breakfast with Jenni Caruso.
The event will be livestreamed from 3:30pm.
Drinks and nibbles will be provided throughout the day.
TEDxAdelaideWomen is part of the global TEDxWomen hosted by Pat Mitchell and the Paley Center for Media which will be held on 30 November - 1 December in Washighton, D.C.
When & Where
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxAdelaide, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxAdelaide event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.
This independent TEDx event is operated under license from TED.