Is it for me?
This workshop is for those with one or many ideas for a social enterprise and need to identify which ideas are worth committing more time and resources to developing further. It is particularly suitable for those people who are working through the fourth stage of The Social Enterprise Builder – ‘Focusing’.This workshop is also useful for people and organisations planning on applying to ‘The Crunch’ as it providesframeworks that will assist in answering the application questions.
This workshop is for anyone who has a social enterprise idea including those from the arts, education, employment creation organisations, environment, housing, health, children’s services, community development, the disability sector, regional development, neighbourhood houses, sport and recreation, and transport and all those looking to create community benefit.
Prerequisite: Prior to attending this workshop, it is strongly advised that you have:
· Attended a Social Enterprise Study Tour; or
· Attended the ‘Introduction to Social Enterprise’ workshop; or
· Worked through the first three stages of The Social Enterprise Builder (Understanding to Exploring)
How will it benefit me?
In this session, you will learn how to identify those ideas with the most potential to be viable and achieve your social goals.
In this session, you will be introduced to and learn how to apply an initial ‘pre-feasibility’ screen to test and develop your ideas. This will include:
- Articulation of your social purpose
- An analysis of your market, competition and industry
- An estimate of costs and potential income
- Testing the viability of your idea
- Testing the feasibility of your idea to achieve your social purpose
Duration and Structure
This is a full-day workshop from 10:00am to 4:00pm. The will be ample break for lunch with an opportunity for participants to enjoy many of the local cafes.
Cost: $50 (plus booking fees + GST)
Cancellation: Changes or cancellations permitted up until 5 working days before commencement of workshop.
Enquiries: 03 8319 8443
Social Traders is a specialist social enterprise development organisation. It fosters the growth of social enterprise in Australia to address social problems.