San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
The Indigenous Marathon Foundation is delighted to invite you to join the third annual Seppeltsfield Road IMP Fun Run with Fitness Challenges starting at Whistler Wines and finishing 5.5km along Seppeltsfield Road at Seppeltsfield Winery Picnic Grounds.
The Seppeltsfield Road Fun Run and Family Day is a fundraiser for the Indigenous Marathon Project, a health education program that uses running to create role models and leaders and promote healthy living and more active lifestyles in communities. Click here to find more information about IMF and IMP.
This event is about fundraising, having fun, promoting fitness and healthy living and recognising and celebrating the oldest living culture in the world.
Sunday 11th October 2015
- 7.30-8.15am - Pre Registration
- 8.30am - Fun Run Start
- 10.30am - Family Day Starts(Seppeltsfield Winery Picnic Grounds)
- 3.30pm - Family Day Finishes
*PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE IN STARTING TIME FROM LAST YEAR! NOW STARTING AT 8.30AM FROM WHISTLER WINES*
- Start - Near Cellar Door Whistler Wines 241 Seppeltsfield Rd Marananga
- Finish - Picnic Grounds Seppeltsfield Winery Seppeltsfield Rd Seppeltsfield
Run or Walk - Strollers and Dogs on leads (make sure you carry a bag) are welcome but no bicycles or skateboards please.
- Family $40
- Adults 17years and over $25
- Children 10-16 years $5 (must be accompanied by a responsible adult)
- Children Under 10 Free (must be accompanied by a responsible adult)
*Entry fee also entitles you to a free egg and bacon roll for breakfast at the finish line*
- Pre-Registration is preferred, prior to 5pm Saturday 10th October
- Online using www.eventbrite.com.au
Limited registration facilities on the day, strictly between 7.30am-8.15am. All participants must have paid and signed indemnity before start.
Indigenous Marathon Project, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and healthy lifestyle theme. Come dressed wearing red, yellow, black, blue, green, white - it's about having fun and promoting fitness. No timing, no bibs, just fun!
Convenient parking at Seppeltsfield Winery with free Shuttle Bus to Whistler Wines for 8.30am start
- First Shuttle departs Seppeltsfield Winery at 7.15am
- Last Shuttle departs Seppeltsfield Winery at 7.45am
*Coffee will be available at the Picnic Grounds after the run*
STAY ON AFTER THE RUN FOR THE FAMILY DAY
'focusing on the oldest living culture in the world'
A Fun Family Day in the beautiful surrounds of Seppeltsfield Winery Picnic Grounds, where you can enjoy and learn about the oldest living culture in the world, whilst relaxing/recovering/rehydrating/refuelling from your run/walk.
Cost: Free entry (Donations greatly appreciated).
Time: 10.30am - 3.30pm. Activities include:
- Official Welcome to Country by Ngadjuri Elder Uncle Fred Agius
- Smoking Ceremony & Traditional Dance by Kuma Kaaru
- Special Guests include Rob de Castella, Mick Rees, Charlie Maher, Adrian Dodson-Shaw and other IMP Members and Federal Member for Wakefield, Nick Champion MP
- Music by:
- Traditional games including boomerang and spear throwing
- Basket Weaving
- Aboriginal Art
- Health & Fitness Stalls
- Country SA Primary Health Network
- SAHMRI Wardliparingga Aboriginal Research Unit Diabetes Study
- Bodyline Health International 10 minute massages for $10
- Kids Craft Activities and Games
- Barossa Carriages Horse and Carriage Rides
- Kiwanis Breakfast-Egg/Bacon Rolls
- Bennos Kiosk Seppeltsfield Winery will be open and serving Coffee
If you are looking to book Accommodation for the weekend here are some great options close by the event location:
- Seppeltsview Cabins
- Whistler Farm
- Seppeltfield Vineyard Cottage
- The Lodge Country House
- Old Telegraph Station
- Stonewell Cottages
- Carob Cottage
Whilst in the Barossa you may wish to visit some of the great wineries along Seppeltsfield Road:
- Laughing Jack Wines (This one is a must...my favourite! Ring and make an appointment for tasting)
- Heritage Winery
- Whistler Wines
and of course you cannot come to the Barossa without paying a visit to the legendary
- Maggie Beer
Thank you to our Major Sponsors, Minor Sponsors, Volunteers and all Supporters of the Fun Run and Family Day. Without all of you this day would not be possible.
GREENOCK LUCKY 7 & DUBLIN FRUIT & VEG
When & Where
The Indigenous Marathon Foundation
The Indigenous Marathon Foundation (IMF) is a not-for-profit charity, with DGR status, that was established in 2009 by world champion marathon runner, Robert de Castella and uses running to change lives.
The IMF includes a range of programs including the Indigenous Marathon Project (IMP), Deadly Fun Run Series (DFRS) and Indigenous Communities for Activity and Nutrition (I CAN).
Now in its seventh year, the IMF, through the IMP program, has trained and mentored 54 Indigenous Australians across the finish line of major international marathons including New York, Tokyo, and Boston.
After they cross the finish line, our runners become Graduates and continue to work with IMF as drivers of change for their families, communities and Australia.
The IMF is committed to using running as a vehicle to promote health, drive social change and celebrate incredible Indigenous resilience and achievement.
A documentary Running to America was produced in the inaugural year by GoodOil Productions and tells the story of four young Indigenous men from NT and WA and the problems and battles they faced as they trained to be the first Indigenous runners to run the New York Marathon. A truly inspirational documentary.
Rob is also Founder and Director of a not-for-profit program that measures and reports on the health and fitness characteristics of primary school children.
Donations can be made to IMF and SmartStart for Kids at
My name is Jo Weaver and I am a Volunteer Supporter, Mentor and Fundraiser for the Indigenous Marathon Foundation and the instigator behind the IMP Inspiration Night and the IMP Fun Run and Family Day Fundraiser. As a runner myself, it makes me very happy to know that what we are doing is helping to give others the opportunity to enjoy running and become fit and healthy.
RunFunFitnessFundraise is a Facebook Page that will keep you updated with details of the fundraising events and also follows the journey of the IMP runners and what the IMF are up to. Please feel free to visit and like the page and share with your friends.
Thank you to all our Sponsors and Supporters
MAJOR SPONSOR: SA Rural Health Network
SUPPORTING PARTNERS: Laughing Jack Wines, Seppeltsfield Road Business Alliance, Whistler Wines, Seppeltsfield Winery, NorthLand Packaging, Greenock Lucky Seven, Greenock Creek Charter.