San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Calling all sisters to the Southside hood!
There's something very special about the power of sisterhood so let's celebrate those wonderful relationships and bring along your mother, daughter, sister, grandma, bestie, lover or that special person in your life for a truly leisurely cycle to some of Southside's most loved summer destinations. Includes a stop at the Mussel Festival with Jazz (as part of the Melbourne Food & Wine Festival), free coffee from our friends at St Ali South, beach cruise, bubbles and helmet hair-braiding with Theresa in the park.
A ride that celebrates what is it to be a woman by empowering, encouraging, enlightening and engaging with women - all by bike!
Pushy Women excursions set out to inspire women to use a bicycle as a way of connecting with the independence, freedom and self determination that lies within them, and to find inspiration from other women who have done the same.
BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL FOR EACH ATTENDEE.
WHAT TO BRING
- Please bring your own packed snacks and refreshments.
- Wear appropriate and comfortable clothing (consider inclement weather conditions).
- Wear closed-toe, secure footwear.
- Participants are required to bring their own bicycles in good mechanical condition and an Australian Standards approved helmet, correctly fitting and in good condition. If in doubt, bicycles should be checked by a bike shop professional to ensure mechanical suitability. Although leaders are able to carry out minor repairs and adjustments this will place a strain on time constraints. Bicycles can be hired from a Melbourne Bike Share location, Port Phillip EcoCentre, St Kilda Foreshore Bike Hire, Port Melbourne Cycles or St Kilda Cycles.
- Girls and young women welcome. Participants under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult or guardian.
These events are funded by Council. We charge a small fee for tickets to reduce the number of people who register and do not turn up on the day.
Questions? Contact us on email email@example.com or call 9209 6274.
For bike riding routes download the TravelSmart Map of Port Phillip or request a hardcopy map from Council.
For more SHE SPOKE events, check out the Southside Women on Wheels series at City of Port Phillip.
When & Where
Sustainable Transport - City of Port Phillip
Port Phillip City Council supports people to walk, ride bike and catch public transport.