NACCHO Healthy Futures Summit: Melbourne Convention Centre: 24-26 June 2014
Tuesday, 24 June 2014 at 8:30 AM - Thursday, 26 June 2014 at 5:30 PM (AEST)
San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
On behalf of the NACCHO board and secretariat I would like to invite you to attend the NACCHO Healthy Futures Summit at the Melbourne Exhibitions and Conference Centre 24-26 June 2014.
The importance of ACCHS are not fully recognised by governments.The economic benefits of ACCHS have not been recognised at all.
We provide employment, income and a range of broader community benefits that mainstream health services and mainstream labour markets do not. ACCHS need more financial support from government, to provide not only quality health and wellbeing services to communities, but jobs, income and broader community economic benefits.
1. Member rates are only available to endorsed members as per the 2013 NACCHO AGM
2. Full details of inclusions for each package is available HERE
3. If taking a one day package please advise organisers which day
4. Also if you have dietary requirements or mobility needs please advise
The conference provides a forum for the Aboriginal community controlled health services workforce, bureaucrats, educators , suppliers and consumers to:
- Present on innovative local ecomomic development solutions to issues that can be applied to address similar issues nationally and across disciplines
- Have input and influence from the ‘grassroots’ into national and state health policy and service delivery
- Demonstrate leadership in workforce and service delivery innovation
- Promote continuing education and professional development activities essential to the Aboriginal community controlled health services in urban, rural and remote Australia
- Promote Aboriginal health research by professionals who practice in these areas and the presentation of research findings
- Develop supportive networks
- Promote good health and wellbeing through the delivery of health services to and by Indigenous and non-Indigenous people thoughout Australia
When & Where
National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO)
NACCHO is the national authority and national peak body for Aboriginal health.
It is entrusted to represent the needs and interests of Aboriginal health on behalf of its 150 + members in the national arena.
Our 2014 summit theme is "Investing in Aboriginal Community Controlled health makes economic sense"
SUMMIT Team Jessica or Megan tel: 02 6246 9300
Admin fax: 02 6248 0744
Postal: PO Box 5120 Braddon ACT 2612