The Queensland Government is reducing red tape for property agents, motor dealers, auctioneers and commercial agents by replacing the Property Agents and Motor Dealers Act 2000 (PAMDA) with four separate Acts. The new industry specific Acts are:
- Property Occupations Act 2014
- Motor Dealer and Chattel Auctioneers Act 2014
- Debt Collectors (Field Agents and Collection Agents) Act 2014
- Agents Financial Administration Act 2014
To help you get ready for the introduction of the new Acts, OFT will be conducting a series of free information seminars to inform businesses of the key changes in the new legislation and the impacts these will bring to business activities. Information seminars are planned for South East, Central, North and Far North Queensland regions.
For more details about the industry specific Acts and the information sessions visit www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au
When & Where
Office of Fair Trading
The Office of Fair Trading is part of the Department of Justice and Attorney-General.
We aim to deliver a fair and safe marketplace for Queensland consumers and businesses. This means that we:
- promote a competitive, fair and informed marketplace
- run compliance and enforcement activities in Queensland
- protect consumers and businesses from illegal or unethical conduct.