Introduction to Regional Ecosystems
This one day course provides background knowledge and skills for environmental practitioners and field personnel carrying out field assessments in relation to Queensland vegetation management legislation. The training session includes theory sessions, learning activities and a field traverse. A statement of attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
- Why use REs?
- Land and vegetation classification
- What is a Regional Ecosystem
- Land zones
- VM Class vs Biodiversity Status
- Remnant/non-remnant status
- Interpreting certified RE maps
- RE mapping methods
- Practical component - Field traverse to a number of sites to determine land zone, Regional Ecosystem, remnant/non-remnant status. A 12-seater minibus is used for field traverses. Participants need to wear standard field gear (closed footwear, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent and raincoat). High vis vests will be provided.
- Full catering
- Printed and bound course notes
- A4 Certificate
- Central Brisbane location, air conditioned venue
The course cost is $500 (which includes 10% GST) per person.