The First Aid course is now available at the Adelaide Health Simulation & Skills Centre (AHSSC). Equip yourself with invaluable first aid skills - you can't learn it in an emergency
Please note: Three days prior to the date of the course, you must have completed an online multiple choice questionnaire. The questionnaire will be sent to you via e-mail once payment is made. This is strictly to be completed to the required satisfactory level.
This course is suited for students that need to complete the First Aid course prior to commencement of the University of Adelaide Medicine program. It is a practical program that covers all the fundamentals of First Aid required until a medical assistant arrives. You will learn how to apply first aid and deal with injuries or life-threatening situations with casualty(s) in need.
It will take approximately 16 hours in duration to complete (one day course and required completion of online questions prior) and will cover Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for adults and infants.
Upon successful completion of the First Aid course, you will receive a nationally recognised First Aid Statement of Attainment which will be valid for up to three years. Find out more about us through our website.
Courses will be held at the following locations:
26th February - S127, Medical School South
23rd April - S127, Medical School South
Most communication will be done through e-mail so please provide us with an e-mail address that will be monitored regularly to ensure that you are up to date with the requirements for the First Aid course you will be attending.
By enrolling in this course You agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You are enrolling in a course entitled “Provide/Apply First Aid”. (“Course”)
- The Course is managed and run by the Adelaide Research & Innovation Pty Ltd (ARI) on behalf of the University of Adelaide.
- Adelaide Research & Innovation Pty Ltd (ARI) is the commercial development arm of The University of Adelaide.
- ARI guarantees that the Course will be:
- carried out with due care and skill;
- provided at the Course date; and
- fit for the purpose described by ARI.
- To the full extent permitted by law, ARI’s total liability for failure to comply with any of the guarantees in condition 3 is limited to Your re-enrolment at another date for the purposes of attending the Course or refund of the Course fee.
- Places are allocated in order of receipt of registration form.
- We reserve the right to cancel or postpone courses due to unforeseen circumstances. We will notify You at least 48 hours before the Course date.
- In the event of the Course being cancelled due to insufficient enrolments, You will be offered a full refund.
- Should You be unable to attend the Course, a substitute registration is welcome at no extra charge. If You need to substitute another attendee, You must let us know at least 2 working days before the course.
- We will refund Your registration fee for the Course following written advice of your withdrawal, at least 10 working days before the Course date.
- We regret that no refund can be made for cancellations received less than 10 working days before a course.
- Copyright in all materials provided and presented for the Course is owned by the University of Adelaide.
- Upon payment of the Course fee, ARI grants You a revocable, non-exclusive licence to use the copyright in the Course materials for the sole purpose of Your participation in the Course and for Your subsequent learning purposes.
- While all care is taken in providing training and development services, the University of Adelaide does not accept any liability for the use made by a client or its employees or agents of any training, products, instruments or services provided.
- All costs quoted include 10% GST.
- You declare that you are medically and physically fit and able to participate in the Course. You will immediately notify the University of Adelaide in writing of any change to Your fitness and ability to participate. You understand and accept that the University of Adelaide will continue to rely upon this declaration as evidence of Your fitness and ability to participate.
- ARI collects personal information about Course participants, including Yours, this information being necessary for ARI to run and promote the Course.
- You consent to ARI and its subsidiaries and associated entities collecting and sharing between them certain personal information, including but not limited to Your:
- email address; and
- phone number;
for the purposes of ARI scheduling and running the Course, conducting research, marketing and promotional activities in relation to ARI.
- You have certain rights to access Your personal information held by ARI and can request access by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You acknowledge and consent to photographs being taken of You during Your participation in the Course. You acknowledge that the photographs will be owned by ARI and that ARI may use the photographs for promotional or other purposes without my further consent being obtained.
- If You do not attend on the date of the Course You will forfeit the enrolment fee paid for the Course.
- You must arrive no later than 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time of the Course.
- You must follow the procedures that You have been informed of by the Course organisers and all reasonable instructions issued by ARI from time to time.
- You agree and acknowledge that You are over 18 years of age.
- “Provide/Apply First Aid, Statement of Attainment” will only be issued to You once You’ve completed the Course to ARI’s reasonable satisfaction.
- You must not use, publish or distribute the name or logo of ARI received during the Course, or any variation of them, in any way, including publicity, advertising, marketing collateral, or news release without the prior written approval of ARI.
- You are responsible for Your own property. ARI and its associated entities will not be liable for loss of or damage to any property brought to the Classes by You.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of South Australia.
Adelaide Health Simulation & Skills Centre
Find out more about the Adelaide Health Simulation & Skills Centre.