What is Emotional Intelligence and can it be developed? This interesting workshop will explore the different theories and models of Emotional Intelligence (EI) and how it might relate to leadership capacity and success. We will look at the Emotional Intelligence of some famous leaders, and use some simple tools to uncover our own EI and practical ways we can enhance it to become more personally effective.
- Investigate different theories and models of Emotional Intelligence
- Understand the nature of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and its relationship to leadership
- Consider our own Emotional Intelligence and learn ways to enhance it
Workshop category: Leadership Foundations
Presenter department: The Hub
Learning points: 10 points
- This workshop is open to current UNSW students only.
- Registration is mandatory. Your attendance MUST be marked at the workshop to receive your learning points.
- It is your responsibility to attend the workshops you have registered for. Failure to notify us of your absence will result in five points being deducted from your record for each workshop that you miss. If you cannot attend, please email email@example.com, at least 24 hours before the specified workshop so that we can offer your place to another student. If the workshop is scheduled for a Monday, the last time to cancel is 5pm on Friday.
When & Where
UNSW The Hub
Individual student registration is mandatory for all workshops. You must be a currently enrolled UNSW student to participate in these workshops. Only workshops with the Leadership Program logo count towards your points.
UNSW The Hub is a shared space on Kensington Campus where students can engage in study and group work activities, use meeting rooms for group study purposes or hang out with friends. Working space is provided for interns, social work students on placement and those working on joint staff/student projects.
The Hub is also home to our team of Student Participation Advisors who are available to help you with welfare and uni related matters. These services are free, confidential and professional.
To keep up to date with what's happening at The Hub visit our website:
or find us on facebook at: