In this core workshop we will explore the idea of community, examine case studies of young people making a significant impact on their local community and consider what it means to be a socially responsible leader. Participants will also have the opportunity to work otgether on developing ideas for a community project of their own.
This is an informative and practical session. Expect to come away with lots of tips, tools and ideas to get you started on your volunteering journey!
Key learning outcomes:
- Understand concepts of community
- Gain insight into the community sector
- Explore personal motivation, goals and interests around volunteering
- Identify possible opportunities
- Understand how to get the most out of a volunteering experience
Workshop category: Community Engagement
Presenter department: The Hub
Learning points: 10 points
- This workshop is open to current UNSW students only.
- Registration is mandatory. Your attendance MUST be marked at the workshop to receive your learning points.
- It is your responsibility to attend the workshops you have registered for. Failure to notify us of your absence will result in five points being deducted from your record for each workshop that you miss. If you cannot attend, please email email@example.com, at least 24 hours before the specified workshop so that we can offer your place to another student. If the workshop is scheduled for a Monday, the last time to cancel is 5pm on Friday.
When & Where
UNSW The Hub
Individual student registration is mandatory for all workshops. You must be a currently enrolled UNSW student to participate in these workshops. Only workshops with the Leadership Program logo count towards your points.
UNSW The Hub is a shared space on Kensington Campus where students can engage in study and group work activities, use meeting rooms for group study purposes or hang out with friends. Working space is provided for interns, social work students on placement and those working on joint staff/student projects.
The Hub is also home to our team of Student Participation Advisors who are available to help you with welfare and uni related matters. These services are free, confidential and professional.
To keep up to date with what's happening at The Hub visit our website:
or find us on facebook at: