Communicating Science Simply: a professional development day
Friday, 15 August 2014 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM (AEST)
San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Join David Cannell, Excited Particle and Science Show Coordinator for Questacon (The National Science and Technology Centre), for a day of professional development, and learn how easy it can be to communicate scientific principles to audiences using everyday objects.
10:00am - 12:00pm
- Brief overview of the work David and the Excited Particles do for Questacon
- What is Science Communication
- How Questacon chooses topics and develops their science shows
- Work shopping session: a facilitated session where ideas based on upcoming exhibitions, current research or curriculum content can be start to be developed into demonstrations and shows
12:00pm - 1:00pm
(Please note: lunch is not provided.)
1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Interactive science busking activities (relative density, paper planes, pressure, puppets etc.)
- Learn how to do small demonstrations with everyday objects
- Making it up for Dr. Scar: learning how to create scars and wounds with make up
How to book
When & Where
Our events are designed to educate, entertain and excite.
The Australian Museum is a place of exploration and discovery, inspiring responsibility for our world by promoting knowledge, understanding and enjoyment of science, nature and culture.
6 College St, Sydney NSW
(02) 9320 6000