San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Tech Startup Demo Day is an unconvention/unconference for entrepreneurs to showcase their web applications and technology. The audience will be the speakers, and the speakers will be the audience! Come showcase the work and products you've been working on.
Current Speakers and Demos (more will be added in time!):
- Buhloon - A service for busy parents to teach their children delayed gratification through the management of chores and rewards.
- SINLIST - A social sharing web application focusing on sharing links and photos on products people want.
- Chess Dimensions - A platform for online competitive Chess matches.
- SwapSpot - A service to allow busy drivers that park in free and time limited parking spots to find a swapping partner so they can swap their parking spots between intervals.
- Rita Joyan - The 3 Keys to pinpointing your passion
- Torsten - Coseats.com, an online ride sharing service.
- QHopper - Hop the queue from your mobile phone!
- Ross Mullen
There will be speakers from the startup scene in Canberra and Sydney, and the whole 2 hours will be filled with lightning talks from entrepreneurs that will be pitching their ideas or applications to the audience.
Polycademy will be hosting the event, and our first cohort of students are keen to give a demo of their web applications. Food will be provided.
We will meet at the Uni Pub after we finish the event. It's a good way to follow up with attendees from the session and swap stories with like minded startup people.
1. Matt @ Buhloon - 5:10
2. Ben @ Reasonwell - 5:20
3. Phuong @SwapSpot - 5:30
4. Rita @ The 3 Keys to Pinpointing Your Passion - 5:40
5. Torsten @ Coseats.com - 5:50
6. Tim @ ChessDimensions - 6:20
7. Ross - 6:30
When & Where
Polycademy is a web application development & entrepreneurship academy located in Canberra, Australia.
We also run Code for Australia at http://codeforaustralia.com.au
We run Polyhack events, a custom web page for Polyhack events is (http://polyhack.io) (site to be launched in 2013)
We also run the only educational REPL for PHP, it's like Codecademy for PHP (http://phpbounce.aws.af.cm/)