San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Erosion & Sediment Control Level 2 Site Managers & Site Supervisors
This 1 day course aims to suitably prepare attendees in the assessment, identification and compliance with Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) requirements and form a solid learning base for staff involved with ESC.
The content of the Level 2 course is based on the training package developed by Grant Witheridge, the Author of the IECA 2008 document “Best Practice Erosion and Sediment Control” and delivered by O2 under exclusive licence.
The Level 2 course is focussed towards Site Supervisors, Foreman, Engineers and Project Managers (i.e. those providing direction and advice at a site level).
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the key legislation elements relevant to ESC
- Identify erosion processes and undertake risk assessment (using RUSLE)
- Understand basic soil science relevant to erosion management and revegetation
- Identify best practice ESC requirements and their limitations
- Appreciate of why some erosion and sediment control techniques are more effective than others
- Understanding the minimum construction and maintenance requirements for drainage, erosion and sediment control measures.
- Effectively manage the construction, operation and maintenance of a sediment basin
- Implement a range if suitable revegetation techniques for different circumstances
- Undertake effective site inspections and audits.
Terry Clark is a Senior Environmental Engineer with over 10 years direct experience in the area of soil and water management. Terry is currently employed as Technical Services Manager for ESC within O2. As such he is focused on improving awareness within both industry and the wider community regarding the importance of managing ESC.
Terry has completed over 100 ESC plans within QLD and NT and has worked on some of the biggest infrastructure and mining projects in the country including CSG for all major proponents and most contractors.
Terry has trained over 500 people in QLD and NSW. Terry holds the internationally recognised accreditation ‘Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control’ (CPESC) and is a Certified Professional Soil Scientist (CPSS) (level 1).
- Full day catering
- Printed and bound course notes
- O2 'Green Card' indicating completion
- Certificate of completion
Enquire about one of our Masterclasses to further extend your skills. Masterclasses complementing the Level 2 course include:
- Inspections and audits
- Sediment basin flocculation
- Dealing with regulators
Masterclasses are typically short duration (approx. 1-4 hours), practical focussed and tailored for you site/project/staff needs.