Investment is needed to bring about a more equitable and environmentally sustainable world.
The Global Alliance for Banking on Values is a membership organisation made up of the world’s leading sustainable banks. bankmecu is currently the only Australian member of the Global Alliance and is hosting the Global Alliance's annual meeting in Melbourne this March.
Banking on a more sustainable world
Do a new breed of banks, investors and citizens, who see profit as a means to creating positive impact rather than an end, hold the key?
Join presenter of Mornings on 774 ABC Melbourne, Jon Faine and a panel of international and Australian guests in conversation about a new way of banking. There will also be a Q&A session.
- Pavan Sukhdev, CEO GIST Advisory, Visiting Fellow Yale University, Former Head UNEPFI Green Economy Initiative and Deutsche Bank
Pavan is Founder-CEO of GIST Advisory, a specialist consulting firm which helps governments and corporations discover, measure, value, and manage their impacts on natural and human capital.
- Professor Durreen Shahnaz, Founder and Chairman Impact Investment Exchange Asia
Durreen is the Founder and Chairwoman of the Impact Investment Stock Exchange and Founder and Managing Director of Shujog. She is also an Adjunct Associate Professor at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy.
- Paul Gilding, Independent writer and advisor on sustainability, Cambridge School Sustainable Leadership
Paul has spent 35 years trying to change the world. He’s served in the Australian military, been global CEO of Greenpeace, taught at Cambridge University, owned two sustainable businesses and been an advisor to the CEOs of some the world’s largest companies.
- Tamara Vrooman, CEO Vancity Credit Union and Board Member of Global Alliance for Banking on Values
As Chief Executive Officer of Canada's largest community credit union, Tamara harnesses the strength of Vancity to fulfil its vision of redefining wealth for members and communities.
- Glen Saunders, Chair UN Principles of Responsible Investment
Glen is an investment banker, company director, financial and strategic consultant and chartered accountant. He chairs the Board of the UN-supported Principles of Responsible Investment, a global investment initiative which has as signatories over 1,200 of the world’s leading superannuation funds and investment managers.