San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
This one day introductory course is designed to instruct students in how to perform those tasks which will most commonly be required when first using ArcGIS Pro to view, edit and map spatial data.
It is ideal for those who have:
- Used ArcMap and wish to quickly gain proficiency in ArcGIS Pro
- Started to use ArcGIS for Desktop for the first time and wish to learn ArcGIS Pro before ArcMap
- Purchased ArcGIS for Home Use, and are looking to get a quick return on that investment, at an affordable price.
The course is taught by an ArcGIS Specialist with 25+ years of continuous experience in training, consulting and supporting Esri products.
After completing this course, you will have the ArcGIS Pro skills and confidence to:
- Work with ArcGIS Projects of various types
- Use the Ribbon GUI and understand its terminology
- Access the online and offline Help
- Navigate maps using a variety of tools
- Understand the difference between spatial data and map layers
- Change basemaps
- Add and remove layers
- Modify layer symbology
- Measure Distances and Areas
- Create and use spatial bookmarks
- Find features
- Work with attributes
- Edit point, line and polygon features using sketches
- Understand the snapping environment
- Use the most common editing tools
- Create layouts with overview and inset maps
- Add map surrounds
- Use common geoprocessing tools such as buffer, clip, dissolve, spatial join, summary statistics
- Create workflows using tasks
- and much more!
The training day runs from 9:00 am-5:00 pm (but arrival at or soon after 8:30 is recommended) and expected class sizes are around 6 students.
Lunch plus morning tea, and all day coffee/tea, water, snacks, etc are included.
Participants are required to bring their own laptop (or PC) with ArcGIS Pro 1.0 installed and licensed, and to have tested that their configuration is working disconnected from any internet connection prior to attending the training. If your laptop is able to access a public internet then wireless is available to browse online help etc, but this is NOT required for any of the exercises.
Only a Basic license level with no extensions is required.
Whether your laptop (or PC) meets the Minimum (and preferably Recommended) specification can be checked against the ArcGIS Pro System Requirements page which includes a test which can be run to Check your computer's ability to run ArcGIS Pro. The training venue will provide a large monitor, keyboard, mouse and internet access.
Bringing your own laptop and ArcGIS license enables us to deliver this training for $599 (inc GST) which is discounted from its RRP of $750. If you have some of your own data on your laptop you will be able to re-run exercises of interest against that while still in the classroom. It also lets you know that all course exercises can be revised later in your office or at home!
If you are unable to provide your own laptop and ArcGIS license, or are unable to purchase using the Credit Card facilities provided here, please contact Graeme Browning (firstname.lastname@example.org; 0412 038 384) direct or via the Contact the Organizer button.
- more than 10 working days prior to the event will receive a full refund;
- between 5 and 10 working days prior to the event will incur a 25% administration fee with the remainder kept towards future courses;
- between 2 and 5 working days prior to the event will incur a 50% administration fee with the remainder kept towards future courses;
- within 2 working days prior to the event will not receive a refund.
Refunds will not be given if a registrant fails to attend.
Substitutions for a registrant can be made at any time without penalty.
Save This Event
When & Where
PolyGeo was founded by Graeme Browning in 2012 to provide specialist ArcGIS services to clients in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and internationally.
Graeme’s previous employments are described in his LinkedIn profile.
PolyGeo is a member company of the International Map Industry Association (IMIA).