San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
Why this course?
This course goes way beyond the basic concepts taught in typical Agile 101 and Certified Scrum Master courses, introducing advanced techniques used by the very best high performing Agile managers and their teams.
Furthermore there are opportunities in the course to deal with real world situations that the attendees are facing, providing concrete examples of how Neil and other highly respected Agile practitioners have addressed them.
- See how combining Agile concepts with techniques from Lean, Kanban, Theory of Constraints (TOC) and Systems Thinking can have an enormous effect on productivity
- How to balance Effectiveness vs Efficiency
- The importance of queuing theory for work prioritisation and forecasting
- The benefits of limiting WIP, pull systems, visualising work and other Kanban principles on people's effectiveness and well-being
- How to truly "iterate" in "iterations", and why this is crucial for success
- How to skilfully manage cost and risk with timeboxing, iterating and work slicing so you can focus your efforts and decisions on value
- Introduction to Lean Startup principles and how they can and should apply to all user-facing software projects
- Useful metrics that help teams improve over vanity metrics (such as story point velocity) that will be gamed
- Benefits of cycle time forecasting over asking teams to estimate, both from a cultural and risk management point of view
- Using Product Backlogs effectively (evaluating evolving options over exhaustive to-do lists)
You should attend if...
- You are a Project Manager, Product Manager, Iteration Manager/Scrum Master, Development/Delivery Manager or Executive already in an "Agile" environment
- You have some familiarity with Agile concepts, and see something unauthentic or ineffective with the way it is being used in your organisation
- You see progress being made in your organisation with Agile, but seek validation that you're "on the right track" and don't wish to get complacent
- You genuinely want to improve your organisation's chances of successful software delivery and move beyond mediocre
- You have an agile mindset that is willing to try things, experiment, change ineffective processes, etc.
You should NOT attend if...
- You are looking for a course that only really says "here's what Agile is" or "here's why you should do Agile"
- You see Agile as just a methodology that can be taught and implemented
- Your goal is to "do Agile" or "become more Agile" rather than learn how to become more effective at reaching your real business goals
- You value certifications over mindset and practical experience
That's our key differentiator from, say, a CSM course. Our course content and structure is not prescribed by an Agile or Scrum governing body - it's completely up to us. We have carefully designed this course to cover only what works for real practitioners in real companies, large and small, and skip the rhetoric.
We can make you aware of, and help you avoid, the common Agile/Scrum pitfalls. We can teach you what it really means to be Agile.
Meet the Trainer
Neil Killick has over 18 years of experience in designing, developing and maintaining software, as well as leading, coaching, mentoring and managing development and project teams of various sizes and capabilities.
He is a Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Product Owner (CSPO) and Certified Scrum Practitioner/Professional (CSP). His wealth of practical experience, expertise and outspoken opinions have led to speaking invitations at prestigious international industry events such as Agile Australia, Agile Singapore, Agile India, Agile Scandinavia (ScanAgile), Agile Wales, SIGIST, LAST and DDD.
Neil is a passionate Agile and Lean thinker who knows the core practices inside out. But more importantly, he has deep alignment with the agile mindset, embracing principles, values and techniques that have achieved great outcomes time and time again in his career.
If you aren’t satisfied with the training you received, contact us within 30 days to let us know why. We will do everything we can to rectify the situation to your satisfaction, including providing a 100% refund if that's the outcome you want.
Either way, your feedback will help us get better for next time so is highly appreciated.