‘Encouraging Language Development in Early Childhood Settings’
Developed in partnership with the Greater Shepparton Best Start program and Scope, and using material from The Hanen Centre ‘Teacher Talk’ program, this training aims to enhance the skills of early childhood staff to better identify language delays and support the development of language skills of children through language rich environments. It is delivered by an experienced Speech Pathologist and Early Childhood practitioner (both Hanen Certified) and incorporates the following three modules:
Module 1:Understanding Language Development- a session focused on speech and language development in young children.
Module 2: Fostering Children’s Communication Skills - a practical session providing information and strategies to support language development in everyday interactions.
Module 3: Providing Language-Rich Learning Environments - a practical session building on previous strategies to support the development of language rich learning environments and practices.
The training aims to support practitioners in developing further understanding and promoting their skills in:
- children’s speech and language development
- potential receptive language difficulties
- expressive language delays and disorders
- supporting effective communication including conversation and social interaction
- supporting children from different language backgrounds
- reflecting on their role in promoting children’s language development
- developing practical strategies to encourage interactions and cue turns in group situations, follow the children’s lead and help children to lead
- promoting everyday strategies and practices which foster language-rich environments.
- links with the VEYLDF outcomes
Due to the demand for places at this training the following cancellation conditions apply.
- Cancellation more than 4 weeks prior to the training commencement - total of registration fee will be reimbursed
- Cancellation 2 to 4 weeks prior to the training commencement - 50% of the registration fee will be reimbursed
- Cancellation at 2 weeks or less prior to the training commencement - no refund is able to be made.